Careful attention to detail and exemplary cooperation and support from the Chicago Cubs organization will make it possible for Little Cubs Field to closely mirror its inspiration: Wrigley Field, the home of the Chicago Cubs since 1914 and the second-oldest park in Major League baseball. From the dugouts to the scoreboard to the ivy (grown from actual Wrigley cuttings), Little Cubs Field is a fitting tribute to the legendary “friendly confines.”
The only replica of Wrigley Field
Little Cubs Field is a magical place for baseball-related events. It has been built to the exact scale of Wrigley Field, but smaller…100 feet down the foul lines and 112 feet to the center field fence. A few of the over 30 replicated features that will wow visitors include:
- Our Ivy was planted Oct. 8th, 2007 By Marya Veeck, daughter of Bill Veeck, (who planted the ivy at Wrigley Field.)
- Ivy-covered brick for outfield walls (made from actual Wrigley Field ivy cuttings)
- Foul poles complete with flags of Banks, Santo, Williams, and Sandberg, Jenkins and Maddux.
- The traditional hand-operated centerfield scoreboard with flags, pennants, and the clock on the top works
- A basket over the outfield walls
- The brick outfield walls replicate the curvature and undulations of Wrigley Field in Chicago
- Traditional green doors
- Authentic-looking dugouts, both inside and out...as if Lou could walk out at any moment
- A carbon copy of the famous admission sign
- Natural grass infield and outfield, including some sod and dirt from Wrigley, compliments of the Chicago Cubs.
- There are corporate naming rights available for the left and right field bleachers—call 815-235-5318, Denny Garkey, for details.
- A sound system/public address system, with 220 power capability, to allow for concerts and other entertainment-oriented events
- A hand-painted mural of a crowd scene below the center field scoreboard.
- Sheffield and Waveland Avenue street signs/walkways at appropriate locations
And perhaps the best feature of Little Cubs Field?
No one will be allowed to leave without having fun!
How Can I Help? Click Here
If you have questions, please contact us at:
Find us on Facebook