2012 Wish List
WISH LIST FOR LITTLE CUBS FIELD - 2012
1) We want to decorate the inside of the gift shop with more items. If you have any pennants, framed photographs, posters, baseball memorabilia, etc., you would like to donate or loan to Little Cubs Field for the 2012 season, let us know. These may be of any team, not just the Cubs. You can just loan them to the field for part of the summer, if you like. We would want things we can hang on the walls if possible. We could even hang mobiles from the high ceilings, or pennants or flags.
2) In the spring we could some more hosta or other perennials to spruce up the area. We usually split our hosta then and spread it around each spring. Bushes and trees are also needed. We are always interested in making the area look better.
3) Permanent picnic tables would also be welcome. We could put our logo on them.
4) A small shelter house for use when it rains, or for picnic activities.
5) Metal grill (not gas), for picnic area, like the ones at Krape Park. We would like to re-design the picnic area in the next year to make it more user-friendly. Any suggestions on a “makeover” would be appreciated.
6) Bats, balls—wiffle ball bats, especially the really big fat ones—they are hard to find—if you see any at garage sales, auctions, etc. pick them up. Wiffle balls or tennis balls are always needed. These are often seen at garage sales.
7) 5 gallon pails.
8) Someone to help design flyers, posters, etc, for our special events would be helpful. Any ideas anyone may have for events, fundraisers, other improvements, etc., please contact us. Any ideas anyone may have for events, fundraisers, other improvements, etc., please contact us.
9) Artificial grass for small high-traffic area in front of pitcher’s mound ($300)
10) Weed killer ($50)
11) More volunteers are needed to do some routine maintenance, pulling weeds, pushing water out of puddles, etc, throughout the summer months. Volunteers get a t-shirt and do not have to volunteer all summer, just pick a month to help out. Volunteers are also needed to help with special events, marketing and fundraising.
12) Left and right field bleachers (naming rights included!)
13) Bags of drying agent for infield ($200)
14) Possible volunteer to mow field as needed.
15) Special clay to use as base for batters box to reduce holes in this area ($300)
If you are interested in helping out with any of these items, let us know. The estimated price of purchasing some items can be discussed.
We also plan to have a work day before the season starts. We had an amazing last year, and thisyear promises to be even more fun. Thanks for your help.
Freeport, Il. 61032
Find us on Facebook